Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Sept. 23 blog

Organizing my own thoughts is sometimes challenging for me, depending on what I'm trying to do. When I'm reading, I sometimes zone out and think about other things in my life except for the thing in front of me. Before I know it, 20 minutes go by and I've read a couple pages but could not tell you for the life of me what I just read. Other times though, I get so caught up in what I'm reading I kind of forget there is another world out there and that I need to do stuff aside from reading. The same thing happens when I'm writing, too. When I'm writing for myself, you can forget it, because I'm kind of in my own world.

When I'm writing a paper, I've found that creating a detailed outline of what I want to say helps me a great deal. I think about what I want my main points to focus on and then try to develop well rounded paragraphs for each and work on transitions. Unfortunately, I don't often have time to sit down and write an outline. I also try to figure out what it is that I'm trying to say. I think in my head what I am trying to prove and how I am suppose to argue my point. It gets frustrating sometimes because I'm a perfectionist who procrastinates.

No comments:

Post a Comment