Monday, September 14, 2009

Meredith's Favorite Childhood book

When I began thinking about which book I would consider my favorite from when I was a child I realized how lucky I was to have parents that would read to me so often. I was the first child and the only child for the first seven years of my life so I was lucky enough to have been read to everynight before bedtime and many times during the day. I would have to say that my favorite book from my childhood would have to be "Guess How Much I Love you" by Sam McBratney. I think that I probably have this book still memorized. I used to not only have my parents read it to me, but I used to have my grandparents and my aunts and uncles read it to me when they would come over and visit us.
"Guess How Much I Love You" is a book about a mother bunny and a child bunny. The two of them banter throughout the book about who loves who more. I think that this book is so cute and such a good book for families to read to their children. It truely shows how much love is shared between a mother and her child. I know that I still have a copy of this book in my bedroom at home today. I plan on keeping it forever and reading it to my children some day.

No comments:

Post a Comment